Tham khảo thêm: organic farming the new vacation
in southeast asian many forests have been
In Southeast Asian, many forests have been cut down to produce timber and to clear land for farms and industries. The destruction of forests has reduced the living space of wildlife. Much of Asian’s wildlife is also threatened by over-hunting. Many people kill animals for food or hunt them to sell to zoo, medical research, and pet trader. Because of habitat destruction and over-hunting, many large Asian animals, including elephants, rhinoceroses, and tigers, have become endangered.
In China, people have cut down most of the forests for wood, which has caused serious soil erosion. The soil is deposited in rivers and streams, which lowers the quality of the water. The Huang He, or Yellow River, is so named because the light-coloured soil gives the water a yellowish colour. The soil has also raised the riverbed. As a result, the Huang He often floods, causing great property damage and loss of life along its banks.[ Dịch nghĩa đoạn văn:
Câu 1. The living space of wildlife in Southeast Asia (Điền đáp án)
- Đáp án A: is a threat to farmers
- Đáp án B: is near farms and industries.
- Đáp án C: has been reduced when forests are cut down.
- Đáp án D: is rebuilt when people destroy forests
Câu 2. The word over-hunting has the closest meaning to (Điền đáp án)
- Đáp án A: hunting too much
- Đáp án B: hunting in the highlands
- Đáp án C: hunting overseas
- Đáp án D: hunting for wildlife
Câu 3. Rhinoceroses and elephants are mentioned as an example of (Điền đáp án).
- Đáp án A: endangered animals in Asia.
- Đáp án B: large animals kept in zoos.
- Đáp án C: animals attracted to medical research
- Đáp án D: animals traders want to have
Câu 4. The Huang He (Điền đáp án).
- Đáp án A: is a deep river in China
- Đáp án B: receives soil which betters the quality of water
- Đáp án C: has its name from the colour of its water
- Đáp án D: runs between forests
Câu 5. The Huang He often floods because (Điền đáp án).
- Đáp án A: of the low quality of the quality
- Đáp án B: wood is deposited in rivers
- Đáp án C: water from many streams flows into it
- Đáp án D: the river is shallow due to the raised riverbed